This Perth-based telehandler training course is designed for participants to gain the necessary skills to operate a telescopic materials handler (telehandler) safely and efficiently. This training is based on the National High Risk Licence Unit of Competence: ‘RIIHAN309F – Conduct telescopic materials handler operations’.
Participants who are successful in the completion of this telehandler training course will be at an advantage to secure operational roles within the construction & infrastructure, transport & logistics, industrial, mining, oil and gas sectors.
WHAT DOES THE TELEHANDLER TRAINING COURSE COVER?
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Plan, prepare, conduct machine pre-operational checks
- Operate telescopic materials handler
- Attach, secure, lift, carry and place materials to complete work activity
- Select, remove and fit attachments for a telescopic materials handler
- Relocate telescopic materials handler
- Carry out machine operator maintenance and cleaning up.
This comprehensive one day course involves both theory and practical components and can be completed at our training centre in Perth.
PREREQUISITES & COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
- Persons must be 18 years of age or older
- Photo ID must be presented i.e. current drivers licence or passport
- Basic numeracy skills
- Basic English language and literacy skills
CERTIFICATION & TELEHANDLER TICKET
On successful completion of this course, persons will receive a Statement of Attainment and wallet card for RIIHAN309E – Conduct telescopic materials handler operations.
HOW LONG DOES A TELEHANDLER LICENCE LAST?
Once you have a telehandler ticket, you must renew it every 5 years. Renewal requires paying the appropriate WorkSafe Australia fees.
CAN I DRIVE A TELEHANDLER WITH A FORKLIFT LICENCE?
A telehandler ticket will give you the skills to operate a telescopic handler and its attachments in a range of heavy lifting machine operator jobs.
While a properly equipped telehandler can perform many of the same functions as a forklift, it can also act as a crane. Please contact KI Training & Assessing to find out what licence and training course would best match your needs and requirements.
Next dates for this course are:
11 - 11 September
9 - 9 October
13 - 13 November
4 - 4 December