Provide First Aid Course
First Aid Saves Lives – Everybody can be a Lifesaver.
The Provide first aid training course (HLTAID003 – Provide first aid) will provide you with the knowledge and practical skills to provide first aid treatment for a wide range of emergencies until the arrival of professional medical help.
Previously known as Apply First Aid, Senior First Aid or Level 2 Workplace First Aid. The Provide first aid training course is conducted in Perth and other locations in Western Australia.
The provide first aid training program teaches the essential skills required to administer first aid to a victim of illness or injury in any environment, until the arrival of professional medical help.It takes one day to complete. The senior first aid certificate is valid for three years, after which, you should take a refresher course.
PREREQUISITES & COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
- Pre-requisite: Nil.
- Minimum Age Requirements: There is no minimum age requirement although all participants must be able to participate in an adult learning environment
On successfully completing the Provide First Aid training course (HLTAID003 – Provide first aid), candidates will receive the following awards:
- Statement of Attainment that includes the following unit of competence from the National Health Training Package:
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
PROVIDE FIRST AID COURSE CONTENT:
- DRSABCD procedure
- Principles & legalities of First Aid
- Responding to an emergency
- Assessment for unconsciousness
- Moving the casualty
- Resuscitation (CPR)
- Treatment of Illness
- Cardiac emergencies
- Bleeding and Wounds
- Dressings and bandages
- Hyperthermia & Hypothermia
- Burns and scalds
- Reporting of accidents
- Spinal Injuries
- Bites, stings and envenomation
- Allergic Reactions (Anaphylactic Shock / Use of EpiPen)
- Crush injuries
Next dates for this course are:
11 - 11 September 17 - 17 September 18 - 18 September 24 - 24 September 25 - 25 September
1 - 1 October 2 - 2 October 8 - 8 October 9 - 9 October 15 - 15 October 16 - 16 October 22 - 22 October 23 - 23 October 29 - 29 October 30 - 30 October
5 - 5 November 6 - 6 November 12 - 12 November 13 - 13 November 19 - 19 November 20 - 20 November 26 - 26 November 27 - 27 November
3 - 3 December 4 - 4 December 10 - 10 December 11 - 11 December 17 - 17 December 18 - 18 December 24 - 24 December 31 - 31 December