Confined Space Training (CS)
This Perth-based confined space training course is designed for participants to gain necessary skills to safely enter confined spaces and is based on the National Unit of Competency: RIIWHS202D – Enter and Work in Confined Space.
On completion of this 1 day course, participants will:
- Gain knowledge on the governing standards (AS 2865:2009);
- Learn about the legislative requirements for entering and working in confined spaces;
- Be able to complete documents and records relevant to confined space work;
- Gain knowledge on the selection and correct use of Personal Protective Equipment;
- Be able to identify problems as they arise and take appropriate action.
Completing the Confined Space Training course will put any candidate in an excellent position to find, secure and maintain a job within any resources and/or infrastructure sector. Sectors include:
- Oil & Gas
- Industrial maintenance
- Ship Building
PREREQUISITES & COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
What are the prerequisites of getting a confined space ticket?
- Photo ID must be presented i.e. current drivers license or passport
- Basic English language and literacy skills
On successful completion of the course persons will be issued with a KI Training and Assessing Statement of Attainment and a Enter and Work in Confined Space Wallet card. This course is a Nationally Accredited Course.
This course can be combined with Gas Test Atmospheres.
WHAT DOES THE CONFINED TRAINING COURSE COVER?
Our Confined Space Training Course has national recognition as being able to teach participants the necessary skills and knowledge to work in confined spaces – both safely and competently.
As an AS2865-compliant course, it covers content such as:
- Definitions and types of confined spaces
- Roles and responsibilities of team members
- Confined space procedures
- Hazard identification procedures
- Applicable legislation
- Risk management procedures
- Isolation, purging, ventilation, permits and authority
- Hazardous atmosphere (including gas) monitoring techniques
- Rescue equipment
- Rescue procedures
- Industry case studies.
WHAT IS CONFINED SPACE TRAINING?
A confined space is an enclosed or partially enclosed area not designed or intended primarily to be occupied by a person, such as a tank, vessel, silo, manhole or ductwork. To enter a confined space and perform work safely, you need to hold a current confined space qualification.
HOW OFTEN IS CONFINED SPACE REFRESHER TRAINING REQUIRED?
As a nationally-recognised unit of competency, our training does not expire. However, for your own safety and as industry recommendation, you should renew and re-complete your Confined Space Training every 2 years. This ensures you stay current.
HOW MUCH IS CONFINED SPACE TRAINING?
To get your confined space ticket you must do a training course. Fees vary. To enquire how much a full 1 day course cost, contact us for a quote. If you need to renew/refresh your confined space qualification, we can also quote on a tailored refresher course. All courses are exempt from GST.
WHO NEEDS A CONFINED SPACE TICKET?
Any worker who will be working in a confined space or supervise confined space work and is required to use a permit, monitor gas levels or wear breathing apparatus must hold a confined space ticket.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CONFINED SPACE AND GAS TEST ATMOSPHERE TRAINING?
These are two separate training courses for two separate tasks. As such, they can be completed individually. Each allows for a different range of employment opportunities. However, you may also choose to take both training courses to further improve your employment options:
- Enter And Work In Confined Space Training (RIIWHS202D): The Confined Spaces Training course is designed to teach individuals to safely enter, function and work within a confined space.
- Gas Test Atmospheres Training (MSMWHS217): The Gas Test Atmospheres Training course teaches participants the necessary skills to test and sample hazardous environments
Next dates for this course are:
1 - 1 December 8 - 8 December 15 - 15 December
5 - 5 January 12 - 12 January 19 - 19 January
2 - 2 February 9 - 9 February 16 - 16 February 23 - 23 February
2 - 2 March 9 - 9 March 16 - 16 March 23 - 23 March 30 - 30 March
6 - 6 April 13 - 13 April 20 - 20 April 27 - 27 April
4 - 4 May 11 - 11 May 18 - 18 May 25 - 25 May
1 - 1 June 8 - 8 June 15 - 15 June 22 - 22 June 29 - 29 June