Confined Space Refresher Course
The Confined Space refresher course is a half day refresher designed for participants who have previously undertaken the complete Confined Space training course (CS). This refresher course will provide up to date knowledge on changing industry practices and give participants the necessary skills and knowledge to enter and work in confined spaces in various roles.
This comprehensive 4h course involves both theory and practical components and can be completed at our training centre in Perth. This refresher course can be completed on the same day as the Working at Heights refresher course.
Participants who are successful in the completion of the Confined Space refresher course will be at an advantage to secure operational roles within, but not limited to, the mining, construction and building industries.
WHAT DOES THE REFRESHER COURSE COVER?
In this course, the participants will undergo training that will update, upgrade and/or refresh their knowledge on:
1. Requirements, standards and legislation for entering and working in confined spaces
2. Documentation, forms and record-keeping relevant to confined space work
3. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) selection and proper use.
In examining these themes, the course covers:
- Today’s legislation
- Current rules and requirements
- Hazard identification
- Hazard control
- Entry permits
- Working in confined spaces
- Planning and preparation for working in confined spaces
- Exiting confined spaces.
PREREQUISITES & REFRESHER COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
- Photo ID must be presented i.e. current drivers license or passport
- Basic English language and literacy skills
- Current Statement of Attainment for Enter and Work in Confined Spaces (RIIWHS202D or equivalent issued within the last five (5) years prior to attending this refresher course.
On successful completion of the Confined Space refresher course, the participants will be issued with a KI Training and Assessing Statement of Attainment and a Enter and Work in Confined Space wallet card. This course is a Nationally Accredited Course.
WHO SHOULD COMPLETE THE CS REFRESHER COURSE?
If you already have a Confined Space ticket and are ready to update your skills, this is the training for you.
Note: Your licence, ticket or statement of attainment for Confined Space Work must be current and not more than 5 years old. You must supply us with a copy of your qualification, otherwise you won’t be permitted to complete the refresher course or receive your certificate.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU REFRESH YOUR SKILLS?
Because the industry is always evolving and improving, it’s crucial your skills and knowledge stay current.
While Statements of Attainment do not expire as such, Australian Standards strongly recommend a two-year retraining interval.
Next dates for this course are:
16 Jul 23 Jul 30 Jul
6 Aug 13 Aug 20 Aug 27 Aug
3 Sep 10 Sep 17 Sep 24 Sep
1 Oct 8 Oct 15 Oct 22 Oct 29 Oct
5 Nov 12 Nov 19 Nov 26 Nov
3 Dec 10 Dec 17 Dec