Water Cart Training Course
This Perth-based Water Cart training course is designed for participants to gain the necessary skills and knowledge required to drive and operate, this includes load, haul and distribute water using an watercart and is based on the Unit of Competence: ‘RIIMPO326E – Conduct water vehicle operations”. On completion of this civil training course, participants who attain this unit of competency will be competent to operate a water vehicle (Water Cart) in a civil construction environment.
This comprehensive one day course includes both theory and practical components and can be completed at our live Quarry located South of Perth.
Participants who are successful in the completion of this training course will be at an advantage to secure Mobile Plant Operator jobs within the civil construction industry.
PREREQUISITES & COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
What are the prerequisites of enrolling into this course?
- Persons must be 18 years of age or older
- Heavy Rigid (HR) drivers licence is required to drive water vehicle on a gazetted road
- Photo ID must be presented i.e. current drivers’ licence or passport
- Basic numeracy skills
- Basic English language and literacy skills
WHAT DOES THE WATER CART TRAINING COURSE COVER?
Our in-depth 1 day Water Cart training course covers the following knowledge and practical elements:
- Conducting pre-start and start up checks prior to operating
- Driving and operating water cart, and adjusting techniques to suit site conditions (Sand Quarry)
- Loading water cart from standpipe
- Hauling water cart at full capacity
- Discharging and distributing water on various materials
- Dust suppression and moisture content
- Water Cart shutdown and refuelling
- Traffic management – site traffic codes
- Civil construction terminology
CERTIFICATION & WATER CART TICKET:
On successful completion of this Articulated haul truck training course, persons will receive a Record of Results (Partial completion of the Certificate IV Civil Construction Plant Operations) listing RIIMPO3326E Conduct water vehicle operations.
WHO NEEDS THIS QUALIFICATION?
If you’re operating a water cart– or intend to operate – water cart of any type in a civil construction environment, you should have this qualification. This includes workers in the resources and/or construction sectors who may be required to operate this equipment.
HOW LONG DOES THIS QUALIFICATION LAST?
This qualification does not expire.
HOW MUCH DOES THIS QUALIFICATION COST?
To get your Water Cart qualification you must do a training course. Fees vary. To complete a full 1-day course cost, contact us for a quote. All courses are exempt from GST.
DOES COVID-19 AFFECT THIS TRAINING COURSES?
No. At KI Training & Assessing, we’re still conducting Mobile Plant training courses, as per usual.
Following the Government mandated social distancing restrictions – 1 person per 2 square-metres – we have adjusted our class sizes and relocated to larger premises.
We have also undertaken many preventative measures to ensure hygiene is maintained throughout all our facilities and equipment. In particular, our training centre is totally sanitised twice a day.