This Perth-based telehandler training course is designed for participants to gain the necessary skills to operate a telescopic materials handler (telehandler) safely and efficiently.
Participants who are successful in the completion of this telehandler training course will be at an advantage to secure operational roles within the construction & infrastructure, transport & logistics, industrial, mining, oil and gas sectors.
WHAT DOES THE TELEHANDLER TRAINING COURSE COVER?
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Plan, prepare, conduct machine pre-operational checks
- Operate telescopic materials handler
- Attach, secure, lift, carry and place materials to complete work activity
- Select, remove and fit attachments for a telescopic materials handler
- Relocate telescopic materials handler
- Carry out machine operator maintenance and cleaning up.
This comprehensive one day course involves both theory and practical components and can be completed at our training centre in Perth.
PREREQUISITES & COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
- Photo ID must be presented i.e. current drivers licence or passport
- Basic numeracy skills
- Basic English language and literacy skills
CERTIFICATION & TELEHANDLER TICKET
On successful completion of this course, persons will receive a Statement of Attainment and wallet card for RIIHAN309E – Conduct telescopic materials handler operations.
HOW LONG DOES A TELEHANDLER QUALIFICATION LAST?
This qualification does not expire.
CAN I DRIVE A TELEHANDLER WITH A FORKLIFT LICENCE?
A telehandler ticket will give you the skills to operate a telescopic handler and its attachments in a range of heavy lifting machine operator jobs.
While a properly equipped telehandler can perform many of the same functions as a forklift, it can also act as a crane. Please contact KI Training & Assessing to find out what licence and training course would best match your needs and requirements.
Next dates for this course are: