Roller Training Course
This Perth-based Roller training course is designed for participants to gain the necessary skills and knowledge required to operate a roller to compact various material types on a civil construction work site based on the Unit of Competence: ‘RIIMPO317F – Conduct roller operations”. On completion of this civil training course, participants who attain this unit of competency will be competent to operate a Roller in a civil construction environment.
This comprehensive two day course includes both theory and practical components and can be completed at our live Quarry located South of Perth.
Participants who are successful in the completion of this training course will be at an advantage to secure Mobile Plant Operator jobs within the civil construction industry.
PREREQUISITES & COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
What are the prerequisites of enrolling into this course?
- Persons must be 17 years of age or older
- Photo ID must be presented i.e. current drivers’ licence or passport
- Basic numeracy skills
- Basic English language and literacy skills
WHAT DOES THE ROLLER COURSE COVER?
Our in-depth 2 day Roller training course covers the following knowledge and practical elements:
- Chain of responsibility
- Isolation requirements
- Site procedures and policies
- Machine guidance equipment
- Conducting pre-start and start up checks prior to operating and shutdown procedures
- Driving and operating the roller at a live site (Sand Quarry)
- Compacting various materials
- Sealing and finishing
- Adjusting interchangeable drums, spray bars, scraper bars, wheel/drum brooms and blades
- Unloading of materials
- Assisting with loading and unloading roller onto float, to be able to load and unload roller onto a float unassisted you must complete “Load and Unload Plant” training
- Parking and securing of roller
- Civil construction terminology
- Ground conditions
CERTIFICATION & ROLLER TICKET:
On successful completion of this Roller training course, persons will receive a Record of Results (Partial completion of the Certificate IV Civil Construction Plant Operations) listing RIIMPO317F Conduct roller operations.
WHO NEEDS THIS QUALIFICATION?
If you’re operating a roller – or intend to operate – roller of any type in a civil construction environment, you should have this qualification. This includes workers in the resources and/or construction sectors who may be required to operate this equipment.
HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO EARN AS ROLLER OPERATOR?
According to the salary and career research experts at Payscale, the average rate for a Roller operator in Australia is $31/hour. This varies according to certain factors.
HOW LONG DOES THIS QUALIFICATION LAST?
This qualification does not expire.
HOW MUCH DOES THIS QUALIFICATION COST?
To get your Roller ticket you must do a training course. Fees vary. To complete a full 2-day course cost, contact us for a quote. All courses are exempt from GST.
DOES COVID-19 AFFECT THIS TRAINING COURSE?
No. At KI Training & Assessing, we’re still conducting Mobile Plant training courses, as per usual.
Following the Government mandated social distancing restrictions – 1 person per 4 square-metres – we have adjusted our class sizes and relocated to larger premises.
We have also undertaken many preventative measures to ensure hygiene is maintained throughout all our facilities and equipment. In particular, our training centre is totally sanitised twice a day.