Articulated Haul Truck (moxy) Training
This Perth-based Moxy training course is designed for participants to gain the necessary skills and knowledge required to operate, load, haul and dump materials using an articulated haul truck based on the Unit of Competence: ‘RIIMPO337E – Conduct articulated haul truck operations”. On completion of this civil training course, participants who attain this unit of competency will be competent to operate an Articulated Haul Truck (Moxy) in a civil construction environment.
This comprehensive three day course includes both theory and practical components and can be completed at our live Quarry located South of Perth.
Participants who are successful in the completion of this training course will be at an advantage to secure Mobile Plant Operator jobs within the civil construction industry.
PREREQUISITES & COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
What are the prerequisites of enrolling into this course?
- Persons must be 17 years of age or older
- Photo ID must be presented i.e. current drivers licence or passport
- Basic numeracy skills
- Basic English language and literacy skills
WHAT DOES THE ARTICULATED HAUL TRUCK (MOXY) COURSE COVER?
Our in-depth 3 day Moxy training course covers the following knowledge and practical elements:
- Conducting pre- start and start up checks prior to operating
- Driving and manoeuvring articulated haul truck at a live site (Sand Quarry)
- Operating articulated haul truck within equipment operating capacities – fully loaded
- Position articulated haul truck for loading of materials by a wheel loader and excavator
- Hauling of materials, including emergency braking with a full load
- Unloading of materials
- Articulated haul truck shutdown and refuelling
- Traffic management – site traffic codes
- Civil construction terminology
- Ground conditions
On successful completion of this Articulated haul truck training course, persons will receive a Record of Results (Partial completion of the Certificate IV Civil Construction Plant Operations) listing RIIMPO337E Conduct articulated haul truck operations.
WHO NEEDS THIS QUALIFICATION?
If you’re operating an articulated haul truck – or intend to operate – articulated haul truck of any type in a civil construction environment, you should have this qualification. This includes workers in the resources and/or construction sectors who may be required to operate this equipment.
HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO EARN AS MOXY OPERATOR?
According to the salary and career research experts at Payscale, the average rate for a moxy operator in Australia is $31.86/hour. This varies according to certain factors. Click here for more detail
HOW LONG DOES THIS QUALIFICATION LAST?
This qualification does not expire.
HOW MUCH DOES THIS QUALIFICATION COST?
To get your Articulated Haul Truck qualification you must do a training course. Fees vary. To complete a full 3-day course cost, contact us for a quote. All courses are exempt from GST.