Slewing Crane Training (CO)
This Perth-based training course is designed for participants to gain the necessary skills and knowledge required to safely operate a slewing mobile crane with a capacity over 100 tonnes (C0).
This C0 Crane training course applies to the activities of a person operating a slewing mobile crane with a capacity over 100 tonnes that is a:
- Non slewing mobile crane with a capacity exceeding 3 tonnes
- Slewing mobile crane with a capacity over 100 tonnes
- Vehicle loading crane with a capacity of 10 metre tonnes or more, excluding the application of load estimation and slinging techniques to move a load.
Participants who are successful in the completion of this C0 Crane training course will be at an advantage to secure roles within the transport, construction, mining, oil and gas sectors.
WHAT DOES THE C0 CRANE TRAINING COURSE COVER?
On completion of the Slewing Crane (C0) course participants will be able to operate slewing mobile crane with a capacity over 100 tonnes, which includes:
- Planning and preparing slewing mobile crane operations
- Operating the crane
- Performing the work
- Shutting down the crane
PREREQUISITES & COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
- Persons must be 18 year of age or older
- Photo ID must be presented i.e current drivers licence or passport
- Basic numeracy skills
- Basic english language and literacy skills
- A current National High Risk Work Licence to perform dogging or a certification for a specific VET course for HRWL to perform dogging.
- A current National High Risk Work Licence to operate a Slewing Mobile crane (C6) – up to 60 Tonnes.
- A current industry experience operating a slewing mobile crane of between 20T and up to 60T competently for at least 2 years.
CERTIFICATION & C0 CRANE LICENCE:
On successful completion of the course persons will receive a Statement of Attainment – and Notice Of Assessment which is valid for 60 days. Once a copy of your Statement Of Attainment, Worksafe Application and Worksafe Fee has been submitted to the relevant state or territory regulator you will receive a National High Risk Licence.
*Note – The course price does not include the Worksafe Application Fee of $115
KITA can lodge your Worksafe application for High Risk Work Licence for a fee of $115, this includes and administration fee. Two passport photos must be provided.
OTHER CRANE LICENCES
KI Training and Assessing offer a range of mobile crane training courses for individuals to gain the necessary skills required to operate different types of cranes. These mobile crane licences include:
Next dates for this course are: