Slewing Crane Training (C1)
This unit specifies the skills and knowledge required to safely operate a slewing mobile crane with a capacity up to 100 tonnes. This unit applies to the activitities of a person operating a slewing mobile crane with a capacity up to 100 tonnes that is a;
- non slewing mobile crane with a capacity exceeding 3 tonnes
- reach stacker
- slewing mobile crane with a capacity of 100 tonnes or less
- vehicle loading crane with a capacity of 10 metre tonnes or more, excluding the application of load estimation and slinging techniques to move a load.
PREREQUISITES & COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
- Persons must be 18 year of age or older
- Photo ID must be presented i.e current drivers licence or passport
- Basic numeracy skills
- Basic english language and literacy skills
- A current National HRWL to perform dogging or a certification for a specific VET course for HRWL to perform dogging.
- A current National HRWL to operate a Slewing Mobile crane (up to 60 Tonnes).
- A current industry experience operating a slewing mobile crane of between 20T and up to 60T competently for at least 2 years.
On successful completion of the course persons will receive a Statement of Attainment – and Notice Of Assessment which is valid for 60 days. Once a copy of your Statement Of Attainment, Worksafe Application and Worksafe Fee has been submitted to the relevant state or territory regulator you will receive a National High Risk Licence.
*Note – The course price does not include the Worksafe Application Fee of $115
KITA can lodge your Worksafe application for High Risk Work Licence for a fee of $115, this includes and administration fee. Two passport photos must be provided.
Next dates for this course are:
15 - 19 June
13 - 17 July
10 - 14 August 31 Aug - 4 Sep
21 - 25 September
26 - 30 October
16 - 20 November
7 - 11 December