Intermediate Scaffolding Course
This Perth-based training course is designed for participants to gain the necessary skills and knowledge to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding at the intermediate level, based on the National High Risk Work Licence Unit of Competency: “CPCCLSF3001A – Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding intermediate level”.
This comprehensive four day course involves both theory and practical components and can be completed at our training centre in Perth.
Participants who are successful in the completion of this training course will be at an advantage to secure a scaffolding role within the industrial, construction, mining, oil and gas sectors.
WHAT IS INTERMEDIATE SCAFFOLDING?
The basic ticket covers basic prefabricated scaffolds and material hoists. And the intermediate ticket covers basic scaffolding work and tube-and-coupler scaffolding.
WHAT DOES THE INTERMEDIATE SCAFFOLDING COURSE COVER?
On completion of this course, participants will be able to undertake planning and preparing, erecting, altering and dismantling scaffolding at the Intermediate level. Intermediate scaffolding includes all basic scaffolding and:
- Preparing, erecting, maintaining and dismantling scaffolding
- Use and operation of Cantilevered crane-loading platforms, Cantilevered and spurred scaffolds, Barrow ramps and sloping platforms
- Use and operation of perimeter safety screens and shutters Mast climbers, and tube and coupler scaffolds (including tube and coupler covered ways and gantries) for licensing purposes
PREREQUISITES & COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must hold a current Basic Scaffolding licence: Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding basic level
- Persons must be 18 years of age or older
- Photo ID must be presented i.e. current drivers licence or passport
- Basic numeracy skills
- Basic English language and literacy skills
CERTIFICATION & INTERMEDIATE SCAFFOLDING TICKET:
On successful completion of this scaffolding training course, persons will receive a Statement of Attainment and Notice of Assessment which is valid for 60 days. Once a copy of your Statement of Attainment, Worksafe application and Worksafe fee has been submitted to the relevant state or territory regulator you will receive a National High Risk Work Licence.
*Note – The course price does not include the Worksafe application fee of $115*
KITA can lodge your Worksafe application for High Risk Work Licence for a fee of $115, this includes an administration fee. Two passport photos will need to be provided
Maximum Participants: 8people
Next dates for this course are:
12 - 16 July
9 - 13 August
6 - 10 September
11 - 15 October
8 - 12 November
13 - 17 December