Advanced Rigging Course
This Peth-based rigging training course specifies the outcomes required to perform rigging work at the advanced level.
This comprehensive three day course involves both theory and practical components and can be completed at our training centre in Perth.
Participants who are successful in the completion of this training course will be at an advantage to secure a rigging role within the industrial, mining, oil and gas sectors.
WHAT DOES THE ADVANCED RIGGING COURSE COVER?
This advanced rigging course includes:
- All the outcomes for rigging work at the basic and intermediate levels
- Rigging of gin poles and shear legs,
- Rigging of flying foxes and cable ways
- Rigging of guyed derricks and structures
- Rigging of suspended scaffolds and fabricated hung scaffolds for licensing purposes.
PREREQUISITES & COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
- Prerequisite – Licence to perform rigging intermediate level
- Persons must be 18 years of age or older
- Photo ID must be presented i.e. current drivers licence or passport
- Basic numeracy skills
- Basic English language and literacy skills
CERTIFICATION & RIGGERS TICKET:
On successful completion of this advanced rigging training course, persons will receive a Statement of Attainment and Notice of Assessment which is valid for 60 days. Once a copy of your Statement of Attainment, Worksafe application and Worksafe fee has been submitted to the relevant state or territory regulator you will receive a National High Risk Licence.
*Note – The course price does not include the Worksafe application fee of $115
KITA can lodge your Worksafe application for High Risk Work Licence for $115, this includes an administration fee. Two passport photos will need to be provided.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED RIGGING?
The definitions of intermediate and advanced rigging as defined by WorkSafe Australia are:
- Intermediate rigging requires all the skill of basic rigging with the addition of demolition rigging, rigging of cranes and tilt up panels as well as the ability to control multiple crane lifts.
- Advanced rigging encompasses all the skills of basic and intermediate rigging with the addition of all other rigging types.
DO I NEED TO RENEW MY ADVANCED RIGGING LICENCE?
To continue working as a rigger, you will need to renew your licence every 5 years and upon renewal you will be required to pay a Worksafe fee.
HOW MUCH DOES AN ADVANCED RIGGING LICENCE COST?
For an estimate on the cost of an advanced rigging licence or if your licence has expired contact us. We can also provide you with a quote for a refresher course if your ticket has lapsed within the last 24 months.
Maximum Participants: 8people
Next dates for this course are:
9 - 12 August
28 Sep - 1 Oct
1 - 4 November 29 Nov - 2 Dec