Provide First Aid
UNIT OF COMPETENCY:
HLTAID003 - Provide First Aid
Provide First Aid
Click here for unit of competency details
First Aid Saves Lives - Everybody can be a Lifesaver.
The Provide first aid training course (HLTAID003 - Provide first aid) will provide you with the knowledge and practical skills to provide first aid treatment for a wide range of emergencies until the arrival of professional medical help.
Previously known as Apply First Aid, Senior First Aid or Level 2 Workplace First Aid. The Provide first aid training course is conducted in Perth and other locations in Western Australia.
The provide first aid training program teaches the essential skills required to administer first aid to a victim of illness or injury in any environment, until the arrival of professional medical help.It takes one day to complete. The senior first aid certificate is valid for three years, after which, you should take a refresher course.
PREREQUISITES & COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
- Pre-requisite: Nil.
- Minimum Age Requirements: There is no minimum age requirement although all participants must be able to participate in an adult learning environment
On successfully completing the Provide First Aid training course (HLTAID003 - Provide first aid), candidates will receive the following awards:
- Statement of Attainment that includes the following unit of competence from the National Health Training Package:
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
PROVIDE FIRST AID COURSE CONTENT:
- DRSABCD procedure
- Principles & legalities of First Aid
- Responding to an emergency
- Assessment for unconsciousness
- Moving the casualty
- Resuscitation (CPR)
- Treatment of Illness
- Cardiac emergencies
- Bleeding and Wounds
- Dressings and bandages
- Hyperthermia & Hypothermia
- Burns and scalds
- Reporting of accidents
- Spinal Injuries
- Bites, stings and envenomation
- Allergic Reactions (Anaphylactic Shock / Use of EpiPen)
- Crush injuries