Basic Rigging (RB)
UNIT OF COMPETENCY:
CPCCLRG3001A - Licence to Perform Rigging (Basic level)
Worksafe Western Australia Certification
Click here for unit of competency details
This training course is designed for participants to gain the necessary skills to plan, prepare & complete basic rigging work based on the National High Risk Licence Unit of Competence: ‘CPCCLRG3001A – Licence to perform Rigging (Basic level)’. On completion of this course, participants will be able to prepare rigging equipment; erect structural steel; installation of safety nets, static lines and perimeter safety screens and shutters; installation of some hoists; placement of pre-cast concrete; installation of cantilevered crane loading platforms; outline responsibilities and work safely at heights.
PREREQUISITES & COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
- Participants must be the holder of a certificate of competency as a Dogman.
- Persons must be 18 years of age or older
- Photo ID must be presented i.e. current drivers licence or passport
- Basic numeracy skills
- Basic English language and literacy skills
- Able to work at height
- As rigging work requires the use of an elevated work platform it is recommended that a current WorkSafe High Risk Licence in EWP Operation is held.
On successful completion of this course, persons will receive a Statement of Attainment and Notice of Assessment which is valid for 60 days. Once a copy of your Statement of Attainment, Worksafe application and Worksafe fee has been submitted to the relevant state or territory regulator you will receive a National High Risk Licence.
*Note – The course price does not include the Worksafe application fee of $115
KITA can lodge your Worksafe application for High Risk Work Licence for $115, this includes an administration fee. Two passport photos will need to be provided.
Maximum Participants: 8 people
Next dates for this course are: