Course Name: Conduct articulated haul truck operations
Course Code: RIIMPO337E
Unit of Competency: https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/RIIMPO337E
This training course is designed for participants to gain the necessary skills to Conduct Articulated Haul Truck Operations in a safe manner. Candidates will be trained to –
- Complete all compliance documentation for job task.
- Complete site preparations also correctly identify hazards and put hazard controls in place.
- Understand and abide Traffic Management Plans and Vehicle Movement Plans.
- Assess ground conditions.
- Have good communications and interpret Civil Construction terminology.
- Conduct safe Articulated Haul Truck operations.
- Have a full understanding of Articulated Haul Truck characteristics and safe working loads.
- Conduct a pre-start and operational checks on an Articulated Haul Truck for safe operations.
- Correctly position for Articulated Haul Truck for being loaded.
- Complete correct dumping procedures when unloading.
- Demonstrate emergency braking techniques and procedures while loaded and unloaded.
- Complete refuelling and environmental protection procedures.
- Complete correct Articulated Haul Truck shut down procedures, conduct post operational checks and carry out basic maintenance.
- Persons must be minimum 18 years of age or have signed parents or guardians’ consent.
- Photo ID must be presented i.e. current driver’s license or passport.
- Basic English language, numeracy and literacy skills.
On successful completion of this course persons will be issued with a Statement of Attainment and wallet card. This course is a Nationally Accredited Course.
- ALL YEAR: By Appointment